Monday, September 24, 2012

Weekly Update - review, currently reading and more...


Well, here we are and another week has flown by. True to my new regime and promise I am back with an update to the blog.

I have finished the review of ‘Plague of Lies’ and it will appear on the ITW website on the 1st of the month, http://www.thebigthrill.org/ The newly designed website looks great and you can check out all the latest releases and author interviews by clicking the link. If you want to know if I enjoyed the book you will have to read the article, go on it’s free.

I got another few thousand words put to bed yesterday on Vampire Apocalypse 4 and the story is coming along nicely. Working title is ‘Trail of Tears’ though I doubt this will be the final one as I have a few other ideas percolating that may take a larger role yet. Early days but I think you’ll like where it’s going.

I am reading James Herbert’s ‘The Secret of Crickley Hall’ at the moment. Herbert has always been one of my favourites. If you haven’t picked up his books start with ‘The Dark’, ‘The Fog’ and ‘The Rats’ and just see if you can stop buying all of them. He is truly a master of the genre and essential reading for anyone who professes to enjoy horror.

There are a few more reviews on Amazon for VA and it’s great to see that they are still mostly positive. Please feel free to post reviews as I love to hear what you have to say, especially the good ones. There’s even one for ‘The Estuary’. For some reason this book has become a love it or hate it book with very few middle star reviews. The latest review is very positive so I was delighted to see that. It’s strange how some books are received. I loved writing ‘The Estuary’ and even had the next instalment sketched out. Maybe if I get more positive feedback I’ll write it ..hint. Still no reviews for ‘The Gatekeeper’ in the UK so if you’ve bought this one and read it please let me know what you think, again especially if you liked it.

Until next week.

D

2 comments:

Spanj said...

Sounds like things are going well. I've been so tied up in life recently that I've not been writing or blogging, but your weekly updates have inspired me to do the same - it also encourages me to actually do stuff to put in my update!

Derek Gunn said...

Yes, it can be hard getting around to do everything on that to do list! My solution? My wife sends me an email first thing Monday mornings to remind me...

Google analytics