"The Estuary is a zombie novel but it’s not just for zombie fans"
I've had a couple of terrific reader reviews for my latest release posted at Amazon.com and .co.uk and Goodreads but this is the first "official" review from http://www.horrornews.net/. It is a very indepth review but be warned - it contains a few spoilers. Here's a brief taster (no spoilers)
" The Estuary is a complex tale that had me turning pages non-stop ...Mr. Gunn twists history in a believable and original way...The scares here are realistic and human, so to me the feeling of terror is more prolonged never wavering till the last page...Mr. Gunn uses science (Ala Michael Crichton) to explain the cause of the sudden zombie outbreak...The story is tight and quick never easing up on the beautiful bleakness of the setting and the dangers surrounding them but the characters always have a strength that never lets them give up hope even as the odds of surviving grow smaller and smaller.
The scares here are realistic and human, so to me the feeling of terror is more prolonged never wavering till the last page. The Estuary is a zombie novel but it's not just for zombie fans."
Check it out at their site under "book reviews"
- ► 2011 (20)
- ► 2010 (59)
- VAMPIRE APOCALYPSE picked up for graphic novel ada...
- Flamesrising review THE ESTUARY
- Here's what Mail Order Zombie (podcast) has to say...
- A terrific review of THE ESTUARY at Mail Order Zom...
- Signed copies and more reviews!
- What's new for August at derekgunn.com - plus new ...
- "The Estuary is a zombie novel but it’s not just f...
- "Permuted Press has found anouther great author an...
- International Thriller Writers - THE INTERROGATOR ...
- ▼ August (9)