Monday, January 12, 2009

Everything happens in threes.....

Well, it's the New Year: All traces of The holiday season are packed away for another year, the children are back to school, I'm back to work a week now, though I'm not complaining: in such uncertain times I'm glad to have one.

But it's been an expensive start to 2009 - household appliance-wise that is. So here's the list (in multiples of three - almost) of all the things that have gone bust and need to be replaced over the past couple of weeks: the fridge died, the dishwasher got fed up cleaning up after us, the glass oven door threw itself onto the floor and shattered into a million pieces (methinks it was protesting over the size of the turkey). The gate to the back garden got such a battering with weather that it needs to be replaced, the washing machine door fell off (I swear my wife tries to stuff too much into it at once though she is adamant this is not the case. So we are now nervously awaiting to see what the next disaster is going to be.....
So, how has your year been so far?

On a more positive note, the first Vampire Apocalypse book, A World Torn Asunder has been optioned again for 2009 and I'll update on that when I can. I have two books coming out in 2009. The Estuary coming from Permuted Press in the Summer and Fallout, the third book in the Vampire Apocalypse series, coming from Black Death Books in the Autumn. I'll have some more information at my website about both of these titles shortly. Now a third sale for 2009 would round that off nicely.....they say things happen in threes, don't they?

Recently I have been finishing off a short story for a UK mass market anthology. This is a competition and I'm one of five finalists. The story has been submitted...fingers crossed! I've also been working with the Permuted Press editor assigned to The Estuary and the first edit is complete. I'm also working on a new action/thriller novel which is not horror, so it's a challenge for me writing outside of my comfort zone.

Derek

No comments:

Google analytics